As the founder of Dorsay Creative, a Pontiac-based boutique marketing agency offering digital marketing, website design and social media services, I see companies of all different sizes struggling to market their businesses, daily. There is a huge potential impact that effective digital marketing can have on a business – where leads come in, orders are placed, and a business can go from fighting to survive, to thriving and successful. We have seen a business go from sales of $10,000 a year to $750,000 a year, after implementing Dorsay Creative’s creative marketing strategies. Another success: a client who spent $900 a month, and generated 1700 leads in the first year.
Our team members have a collective experience of 170 years, in fields ranging from marketing, publicity and advertising to business development, video production, website and graphic design and social media. If your marketing budget is tight but you are determined for your business to grow and flourish, here are some of our top tips to lead you to success.
- Optimize your website for search: Performing some basic optimization can significantly boost your website on Google search. Doing it now could mean increased sales from free Google search in months. This could cost you nothing, if you are reasonably tech savvy, to maybe $1000 if you seek professional help.
- Business listings: Claim listing on Google, Yelp, Apple Maps and Bing – at no cost to you. The key to marketing it to ensure your business is seen.
- Facebook ads: Results on Facebook can be impactful for as little as $100 over 20 days.
- SEO Sprints: Shorts bursts of highly focused SEO Sprints can yield tremendous search results. Finding the right company to do this for you has the possibility to improve your organic search results ten-fold for less than $1000.
- Social media: Post regularly and consistently with up to three posts a week, increasing your business’s visibility substantially. Research competitors or other similar businesses to understand how you can differentiate your own business from others in a similar field.
- Social media workshops: There are many low-cost, effective programs which can help your business produce more robust social media results. Costs range from free to $1,500.
- Business assessment: Check online reviews and see if there are any positive, unforeseen outcomes of your company and its products. Make sure you are marketing your company’s products and services appropriately, based on features and functions that set it apart.
- Email marketing: When done effectively, this marketing strategy continues to be an essential digital marketing tool, proven to increase sales. Recipients of your email can be educated by you on your company’s products and services and plays a significant role in building strong relationships with customers. While hiring an outside firm is not essential, clear and concise copy is vital for effective communication.
Steven Childs is founder and owner of Dorsay Creative, specializing in SEO optimization and website design for businesses of all sizes. Dorsay Creative can be reached at www.dorsaycreative.com or by calling (248) 775-1250.