CHARLOTTE, N.C., July 11, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Just as summer seemingly begins, parents, students and teachers are already making lists of the items they need as they prepare to head back to school this fall. To celebrate Back to School season, Rack Room Shoes has launched the Real Teacher of the Year Contest, which will award five winning teachers a computer lab grant valued at $10,000– to be used towards technological upgrades at their respective schools. Additionally, each winning teacher will receive Free Shoes for a Year.
Rack Room Shoes Be You Campaign
Back To School is one of the most important seasons for the national shoe retailer, and this year, Rack Room Shoes is highlighting its “Be You” campaign, which celebrates every student’s unique capabilities. The Real Teacher of the Year Contests asks individuals to answer the question, “How does/did your favorite teacher encourage your child or you to be you?”
About the Real Teacher of the Year Contest
- During the Real Teacher of the Year Contest, parents, guardians, PTA Members and other adults who are 18 years of age and older, are encouraged to submit a video or photo, accompanied by a short paragraph, explaining why the teacher they nominated is deserving of recognition.
- Uploads will be accepted Wednesday, July 11 to Monday, August 6, and individuals can submit entries directly online at https://woobox.com/5cr24r.
According to Director of Corporate Marketing for Rack Room Shoes Jan Mauldin, the Real Teacher of the Year Contest allows individuals to say ‘thank you’ by recognizing teachers who have made an influential impact in their lives, while also playing a part in giving back to their schools in a unique way.
“There’s something special about the start of a new school year, and we’re looking forward to celebrating our ‘Be You” campaign, by shining a spotlight on those who have encouraged authenticity,” said Mauldin. “We are eager to see all the wonderful teachers who are deserving of this award be highlighted in a very special way.”
Grand Prize Details
- The top 5 winning teachers’ schools will receive a $10,000 computer lab grant – to be used towards technological upgrades.
- Additionally, the five teachers will each receive Free Shoes for a Year, which is equivalent to a $50 store voucher for 12 consecutive months.
- Public voting will take place Saturday, August 18 through Thursday, September 6 on the contest site.
- Winners will be notified by Rack Room Shoes the week of September 10.
- A special check presentation will be held at the top 5 winning schools.
About Rack Room Shoes
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Rack Room Shoes is the family footwear retailer of choice. Known as an innovator in the shoe industry for more than 90 years, Rack Room Shoes offers a wide selection of nationally recognized and private brands of great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual and athletic categories. For more information, visit Rack Room Shoes’ website at https://www.rackroomshoes.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rack-room-shoes-announces-real-teacher-of-the-year-contest-300675964.html
SOURCE Rack Room Shoes